Season 14 of Diablo III is the very first themed season. All Treasure Goblin spawns would be doubled for the duration of Season 14. In other words, when players encounter one Treasure Goblin, it will be accompanied by an exact duplicate of itself.
I decided to use Season Rebirth so I could play my hardcore Barbarian as part of the Solo Self Found League (SSF) for Season 14. In addition, I also used a Season Rebirth on my softcore Demon Hunter, specifically so I could play with friends.
The blogs I am doing about Season 14 are going to focus on my hardcore Barbarian. My plan was to stream (and record) everything I did with my SSF character. I wanted people to be able to see that I was, in fact, playing Solo. This worked well right up until I forgot to hit record one time, and discovered I had not yet set up Twitch to automatically record my stream for me.
The first thing I learned was that the Season Journey carries over from softcore to hardcore. I’d gotten through part of Slayer with my softcore Demon Hunter before switching over to my hardcore Barbarian. The hardcore character’s Season Journey looked as though she had completed everything up to Slayer, which was impossible, since this Barbarian was only Level 1.
To compensate for this unexpected problem, I decided to mimic the Season Journey by making sure I completed each objective on my hardcore Barbarian. This was not required for the Solo Self Found League. It was something I chose to do so I could really feel like I completed the Season Journey in hardcore all by myself.
Zena the Hardcore Barbarian at Level 14
In the video above, I went from Level 1 to Level 15, and completed the following objectives:
- Begin Again: Complete a Nephalem Rift. Use the Nephalem Obelisk in town while in Adventure Mode to start a Nephalem Rift.
- A New Start: Complete 5 Bounties. Open up the Waypoint Map in Adventure Mode to see what Bounties are available.
- When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong: Kill Zoltun Kulle.
- Lord of Despair: Kill Rakanoth.
In the video above, my hardcore Barbarian went from Level 15 to Level 23 and:
- Completed sets of Bounties for objectives that appear in Chapter III (and also to gain experience and level up).
- Just a Hobby: Raise the Jeweler to level 10. Leveling up the Jeweler unlocks access to higher level gem recipes.
- Raised the Blacksmith to Rank 7
- Obtained Kanai’s Cube on my hardcore Barbarian
Zena the Hardcore Barbarian at Level 23
In the video above, my Hardcore Barbarian went from Level 23 to Level 30 and:
- Worked on completing more Bounties for objectives that appear in Chapter III (and also to gain more experience and level up).
- Seasonal Socketing: Socket 5 gems into your gear.
- Leveled the Mystic to Rank 5
- Leveled the Blacksmith to Rank 9
In the video above, my Hardcore Barbarian went from Level 30 to Level 34 and:
- A Life With Meaning: Raise the Blacksmith to level 10. Leveling up the Blacksmith unlocks access to higher level weapon and armor recipes.
- Watch Yourself: Raise the Mystic to Level 10. Leveling up the Mystic enables her to enchant more item types and unlocks new transmogrify looks.
- Ran some Nephalem Rifts to gain experience and level up
Zena the Hardcore Barbarian at Level 34
In the above video, my Hardcore Barbarian went from Level 34 to Level 40 and:
- Moved the difficulty up from Normal to Hard
- Moved the difficulty up from Hard to Expert
- Ran some more Nephalem Rifts
Zena the Hardcore Barbarian Level 36
In the video above, my Hardcore Barbarian went from Level 40 to Level 43.
The last Chapter I objective I needed to complete required me to hit Level 50. I achieved this goal, and streamed it on Twitch, but failed to record it. I have since learned how to get Twitch to automatically record my streams. The best I can offer as proof that my Hardcore Barbarian hit Level 50 is a screenshot.
I have now, officially, completed Chapter I of the Season Journey on my Hardcore Barbarian for Season 14. I did this playing solo, as part of the Solo Self Found League.
Season Journey Chapter I (Season 14) is a post written by Jen Thorpe on Book of Jen and is not allowed to be copied to other sites.
If you enjoyed this blog post please consider supporting me at PayPal.me. Thank you!