After finishing the Slayer part of the Season Journey in Season 16, I decided to give Champion a try.
I streamed some of my progress on Twitch and put some the videos on YouTube. It felt like I was moving through the objectives slower than I wanted to, but I was having fun anyway.
Conversion Incursion: Convert a set item with Kanai’s Cube.
The first thing I did after finishing Slayer was to start working on leveling up some Legendary Gems. As you can see in the video above, I didn’t get too far.
The next time I streamed, I noticed that I had already completed one objective, but don’t remember when I did that. It was nice to start Champion with one thing already done.
My next goal was to do a Greater Rift Level 40. I unintentionally started with a Greater Rift 35. (I thought I had switched it to Greater Rift 38, but no.)
Gem Juicing: Level one Legendary Gem to level 30.
Next, I completed a Greater Rift 37, and was able to level up a Legendary Gem to Level 31.
I completed Greater Rift 37 at 12:09.333.
I completed Greater Rift Level 38 at 12:24.500.
Gem’s The Breaks: Level one Legendary Gem to 35.
I got one Legendary Gem to Level 35, and another Level 31.
I completed Greater Rift 38 at 11:42.850. Slightly better time than before.
The last thing I did in the video above was a Greater Rift 40. It did not go well. I was able to get the Rift Guardian before the timer ran out, but did not have enough time to kill him.
Here’s what I accomplished in the video above:
Riftomatic: Reach Greater Rift Level 40 with the full bonuses of one of the following Class sets.
I completed the Riftomatic Achievement with the Spirit of Archer Set.
YoSolo: Reach Greater Rift Level 40 Solo.
I also leveled a second Legendary Gem to Level 35.
I completed Greater Rift 40 at 10:50.149.
Next, I returned to the Dalghur Oasis in search of the Arachyr’s Set Dungeon. I completed this Set Dungeon as part of the Slayer Achievement. Champion required me to Master this Set Dungeon.
It took several tries, and some revision of strategy.
Spidey Widey: Master the Spirit of Archer Set Dungeon by completing all objectives within the time limit.
Mastermind: Master any Set Dungeon.
Nothing But the Best: Craft a Flawless Royal gem at the Jewelcrafter.
Next, I stated changing Skills to see if there was something more efficient to use. I was streaming when I was working on this, and made a video. But, the video is not very interesting so decided not to put it in this blog post.
Here is a list of what I attempted to do in the now deleted video:
- Attempted a Torment IX Nephalem Rift – and failed badly
- Changed the difficult settings back to Torment VIII.
- Attempted a Greater Rift 40 (again) – and failed to complete it this time.
- Successfully completed a Torment VIII Nephalem Rift (after changing around some Skills and gear).
- Completed a Greater Rift 37 (again) in an effort to level 3 Legendary Gems to Level 35.
- Successfully completed another Torment VIII Nephalem Rift (in order to get more Greater Rift Keys).
- Completed more Greater Rift 37 in an effort to level 3 Legendary Gems to 35.
Romancing the Stone: Level three Legendary Gems to level 15.
I streamed my progress on Twitch again, and later decided that the video wasn’t very interesting.
Here’s what I did in the now deleted video:
- Ran another Torment VIII Nephalem Rift – to get more Greater Rift Keys.
- Changed the difficulty to Torment IX.
- Completed two more Greater Rift 35s.
- Ran out of Greater Rift Keys again, and had to run a XI Nephalem Rift.
- Ran a Greater Rift 36.
Here’s what I did in the video above:
- Ran another Greater Rift 35.
I think the Stone Loc Achievement is earned when a player levels 3 Legendary Gems to Level 30.
- Ran another Torment IX Nephalem Rift.
- Completed a Level 37 Greater Rift.
- Leveled a third Legendary Gem to… 32. Not quite what I needed.
A warning appeared on the screen announcing that Season 16 would end in 8 minutes. There was not enough time for me to finish Champion. I decided to have some fun and see how far I could get through a Torment X Nephalem Rift. Season 16 ended before I completed it.
Overall, I’m not unhappy with how Season 16 went. My goal was to get the Wings of Lempo. Everything after that was just extra fun.
Season 16 (Season of Grandeur) – Champion is a post written by Jen Thorpe on Book of Jen and is not allowed to be copied to other sites.
If you enjoyed this blog post please consider supporting me on Ko-fi. Thank you!